Find information about local organisations, groups and agencies that provide activities, advice, services and support you.Tell us if you can’t find
what you’re looking for.
8. Frequently asked questions - answers
Frequently Asked Questions
What if i can't find what I'm looking for?
The Warwickshire Directory is committed to supporting the general public to find information about local organisations, groups and agencies that provide activities, advice, services and support for you.
We are working towards having a comprehensive list of services which are available in the community. However, if you cannot find what you’re looking for, we would like you to tell us by using the feature ‘Tell us if you can’t find what you’re looking for’.
You will be taken to the screen below. Please complete the form should you wish to leave feedback or have a question about the Directory.
Once you have completed the required details, select ‘Send Feedback’. When your feedback has been sent, you will see the message below.
How can On-line Self-Support help?
On-line Self-Support is a facility to help you find information, products and services to fulfil your care needs:
- It is instant
- No assessment is needed
- You choose which services to buy and use
- It is completely private, you do not have to give any identity details
It is suitable for:
- anyone who chooses to manage and fund their own care
- anyone with a personal budget provided by the council
- people who are not eligible for council funded care
It uses questionnaires to help you express your needs, then finds appropriate information, products and services.
You can save your on-line self-support session and re-use it, to build a record of your needs, with links to resources.
On-line Self-Support is anonymous and confidential, but you can send the details to health or care professionals. Click here to go to On-line Self-Support
How do I know I can trust them?
Warwickshire County Council is establishing a new approval scheme for local suppliers.
The scheme, due to be available in soon is:
- "Buy with Confidence" for tradesmen offering products and services to Warwickshire public
The scheme offers a number of benefits that include:
- giving local suppliers a way to prove that they are a bona fide traders
- providing a very clear logo to distinguish approved suppliers from the rest
- giving Warwickshire citizens confidence to engage with local suppliers
To be approved, suppliers must:
- have their background and trading credentials checked, according to the services offered
- have their insurance, qualifications and training checked, according to the services offered
- commit to the terms and conditions of the scheme
- commit to a code of conduct designed to ensure customers are treated fairly
- be listed in the Warwickshire Directory
Approval indicates that the supplier meets the required standards, it does not:
- Guarantee the financial status of a supplier
- Guarantee the quality or condition of any goods or services provided by the organisation
- Guarantee that the price of goods and services supplied is competitive relative to any other organisation or is good value for money
Local suppliers interested in joining the scheme can contact the Directory Administrator.
How do I add information to this site?
Adding information to the Warwickshire Directory is easy, but first you must sign up (Register) with the site.
Signing up is simple; first select the ‘Sign Up’ link (shown below):
You will be taken through to the screen shown below where you will need to pick a username and password for your account.
Please Note: A valid email address will be required to complete your sign-up with the site:
Once you have completed the required details you must check the box to say you accept our terms and conditions and then select ‘register’ to create your account.
An email will be sent to your email address, giving you instructions on how to activate your account. Please note that this can appear in either your inbox or Junk/Spam Box).
Once you have activated your account, you will then have access to the 'Registered Users Home Page', allowing you to:
- Add new service/organisation records
- Add new event records
- Manage your organisation records via My Records
- Manage your shortlists via My Shortlists
- Manage your account details, including passwords via Account Details
- Manage your events via My Events
- Accept any record transfer requests - as appropriate
How do I reset my password?
If you've forgotten your password, please follow the steps below.
- Click on the ‘Login’ link. (top right hand corner of the webpage)
- Click on ‘Forgotten password’ link.
- Enter the Email address i.e. the registered email address you signed up with on the Directory.
- Tick the box ‘Im not a robot’ on reCAPTCHA.
- Click on ‘Recover password’ button.
- Message displayed ‘An email containing instructions to reset your password has been sent to you. Please check your inbox’.
- Follow the instructions given in the email and click on the relevant link.
- Add and confirm your new password.
- Click on ‘Change Password’ button.
- You will then see a message confirming that your password has been successfully changed.